STOP: 0x0000007B Error Solutions
If you are not a computer expert use the following first-aid solutions:
Recommended if you cannot boot your PC because of the error at startup or logon:
Use This Boot Error Fix
Spotmau BootSuite 2012 boots unbootable computers and fixes a wide range of system problems, such as system error messages, blue screens, security problems, registry errors and many other Windows issues.
- Start BootSuite and follow the simple direction on the screen.
- When you access your broken system let BootSuite fix the errors to prevent problems in future
If you can start Windows at least in Safe Mode, use the following first-aid solution:
Free Download System Fix
This tool removes a wide range of computer problems, such as this and other errors, blue screens, crashes, freezes, system file and registry damage, malware and other troubles.
This toolis widely used by PC technicians to fix Windows errors and repair damaged systems. This is the only tool that repairs the damage already done by a virus (no antivirus does!)
- Install the program and launch it.
- Let the program scan your computer and remove the errors.
STOP: 0x0000007B Error: Explanation
STOP: 0x0000007B error is an example of GPL (Windows general protection) failure which
terminates Windows and generates the 0x0000007B on the blue screen to protect your system and/or
hardware from severe damage. Read how to troubleshoot 0x0000007B below.
In many cases STOP: 0x0000007B error message includes the following string:
STOP: 0x0000007B (param 1, param 2, param 3, param 4)
The message hints what might cause the problem.
Attention: Many of the solutions offered below involve registry modifications.
Corrupted registry entries are often involved in STOP blue screen errors, such as 0x0000007B.
For this reason 0x0000007B removal methods described below are recommended only to advanced users and
For other cases we recommended to remove all registry errors with the help of
specialized software and in the unlikely case that STOP: 0x0000007B remains check the
list of 0x0000007B examples below and apply the solutions.
Always backup your registry before you take any steps involving manual registry modification!
STOP: 0x0000007B, Corrupt Registry and Orphaned Entries
Registry is a centralized database that stores all configuration settings of your system, user preferences, hardware devices, software programs and much more. As you use your computer, install and uninstall programs, invalid registry entries accumulate. This slows down your computer and even causes blue screen crashes like 0x0000007B. If you install new programs over old ones without proper deletion that makes the situation even worse. You should either manually remove invalid entries from the registry or use specialized software for this.
We recommend to use RegCure to repair registry issues. This is an award-winning PC tool acknowledged to be the world’s best registry cleaner by experts and editors. RegCure is one of the most popular and easy to use registry tools for Windows that safely cleans, repairs and optimizes your registry, speeds up your machine and prevents further crashes in a few mouse clicks.
In addition to the above, RegCure will protect your Internet privacy. If you wish, it will erase all traces of your Internet and computer activities without the possibility of recovering them on your PC! (This is called digital shredding.)
RegCure removed errors and slow-downs from millions of computers.
Get rid of the 0x0000007B error - scan your computer for FREE right now!
STOP: 0x0000007B and Viruses
0x0000007B and other critical errors may be caused by viruses (some instances are mentioned below). That is why we recommend to scan you system with a reliable antivirus. Remember: you should scan your computer for malware not just when you start getting errors but regularly in order to prevent problems.
STOP: 0x0000007B error and Roxio Easy CD Creator 5 Platinum Edition
STOP: 0x0000007B may occur if you removed or reinstalled Roxio Easy CD Creator 5 Platinum Edition.
This happens because of the invalid Prtseqrd.sys UpperFilter driver registry entry which sometimes remains in the registry after Easy CD Creator 5 Platinum Edition removal. This condition causes STOP: 0x0000007B. To resolve this issue, use one of the following methods.
- If you can start Windows, at least in safe mode, scan you registry for invalid entries, clean and repair it. Then restart and see if STOP: 0x0000007B goes away.
- If Windows fails at startup, use this 0x0000007B removal instruction to resolve the STOP: 0x0000007B (recommended to advanced users only!)
STOP: 0x0000007B During Windows XP Setup or Startup (General Case)
One of the most general instances of STOP: 0x0000007B is when you cannot complete the setup process: Windows setup restarts with the STOP: 0x0000007B message. This sort of trouble may be caused by one of the following factors:
- Boot sector viruses
- Corrupted Windows XP registry entries responsible for loading device drivers during startup (miniport driver issue)
- Corrupted miniport driver
- Not properly configured boot controller driver
If the 0x0000007B failure is sporadic and you are able to startup in Safe Mode, you should scan you computer
for viruses and repair the registry (or restore a hive from a registry backup, if you have one).
0x0000007B issue may be resolved at this stage.
The case that the virus is detected but cannot be removed is the worst one: you’ll have to
format your hard disk and reinstall Windows.
If 0x0000007B remains, it can be because of absent or corrupted miniport drivers used to connect the OS with
the hard disk controller during startup. For example, the driver was not included in
Windows installation pack you are currently using. Start the installation again and during the 1st phase
you’ll read the following:
Press F6 if you have to install a third-party SCSI or RAID driver.
After pressing F6 follow the instruction on the screen to install mass-storage device drivers
provided by your hardware manufacturer.
STOP: 0x0000007B After Moving Windows XP Disk to Another PC
You may get STOP: 0x0000007B when you try to start Windows XP based machine after installing the boot disk Windows XP from another computer.
In this case STOP: 0x0000007B occurs because Windows XP lacks the drivers and registry entries for the mass storage controller hardware in the new computer.
For integrated device electronics (IDE) controllers, there are several different chip sets available, such as Intel, VIA, and Promise. Each chip set has a different Plug-n-Play identifier (PnP-ID).
The PnP-ID information of mass storage controllers for the backup computer must be in the registry before startup so that Windows XP can initialize the correct drivers.
There are 2 general methods of resolving this 0x0000007B instance.
- The most general advice is to use the same hardware for the second computer as for the one you moved the Windows XP disk from.
Ideally, you should replace hardware parts of the second computer by the parts of same make and model as the motherboard in the first computer, which is hardly possible. That’s is why:
For IDE disk computers: the second computer will need the same kind of motherboard as the first one, with same kind of PnP-ID and IDE chip set and, to be more specific. For SCSI disk computers: the new computer needs SCSI controller with of same make and model as the fist computer. Alternatively, you can prime the registry and install the SCSI controller used by the second computer. Windows XP PnP will see the controller, add important registry entries, and copy the required driver. You have to make sure the drivers are properly installed prior to moving the disk. Enter Device Manager to see if SCSI controller is detected. Only after that you can remove the alternate controller and move the disk to the second computer. After such manipulations STOP: 0x0000007B should be gone.
From this point on, moving this boot disk to a PC with the same make and model of SCSI controller will not cause 0x0000007B anymore because now Windows XP has the configuration corresponding to the new hardware.
- Add critical IDE controller related entries to the registry and copying the required IDE controller drivers to the
system prior to moving the disk. You may be able to start up without STOP: 0x0000007B after that, but other hardware incompatibility conflicts may occur in future.
STOP 0x0000007B When Changing the SATA Mode of the Boot Drive (Vista, XP)
0x0000007B may occur when you start up after changing the Serial Advanced Technology Attachment (SATA) mode of the boot disk in BIOS for AHCI or RAID specification.
You can fix 0x0000007B manually by enabling the AHCI driver in the registry prior to changing the SATA mode of the boot drive. Use the following directions:
- Close all Windows applications.
- Open Start menu and open Registry Editor by typing regedit in the Search box and pressing ENTER.
- Find the following subkeys (in the same way as you browse folders in Windows Explorer):
- Open these keys (to display the contents in the right pane of the editor)
- Right-click Start in the Name column of the right pane, then choose Modify option.
- Type 0 in the Value data box and click OK.
- Exit Registry Editor by choosing Exit on the File menu.
We hope the suggestions above helped you resolve 0x0000007B error. The list of specific cases of 0x0000007B may not be limited to the list above. We a constantly updating this page as we receive new information about successfully resolved STOP: 0x0000007B error examples.
What if STOP 0x0000007B still occurs…
If 0x0000007B still occurs use this all-in-one Windows fix:
Advanced 0x0000007b Troubleshooting
- STOP 0x7B Error - Short Info
- STOP 0x0000007B Error - Short Info
- STOP 0x0000007B Error
- STOP 0x0000007B Error after Roxio Easy CD Creator Removal or Reinstall - Using Windows Parallel Installation
- STOP 0x0000007b 0xc0000034
- STOP 0x0000007B 0xF78D2524
- 0x0000007b on Dell Computer
- 0x0000007b on Toshiba Computer
- msfeedssync.exe Application Error
- Missing Shared .dll
- dll Initialization Failed
- The Application Failed to Initialize Properly-0xc0000006
- 0xc00000e9 in Windows 7
- 0x0000007b on Sony Vaio E Computer
- Boot bcd 0xc00000e9
- KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR win32k.sys
- Fatal Application Error #2120
- Msvcr71.dll is Missing
- Binkw32.dll is Missing
- Error loading jvm.dll
- Missing .dll Files
- Error c000021a-0xc000026c
- Windows system32 boot winload.exe error
- Boot Errors
- Windows Boot Manager Error
- Boot Error in Windows 8
- Acer Boot Failure
- HP Hangs at Startup
- Boot Freeze on Lenovo Thinkpad
- Error 0x00000024
- Toshiba Portege Start with Black Screen
- STOP: 0x0000007B Error Solutions
- STOP: 0x0000007B Error: Explanation
- STOP: 0x0000007B, Corrupt Registry and Orphaned Entries
- STOP: 0x0000007B and Viruses
- STOP: 0x0000007B error and Roxio Easy CD Creator 5 Platinum Edition
- STOP: 0x0000007B During Windows XP Setup or Startup (General Case)
- STOP: 0x0000007B After Moving Windows XP Disk to Another PC
- STOP 0x0000007B When Changing the SATA Mode of the Boot Drive (Vista, XP)
- What if STOP 0x0000007B still occurs…